Saturday 19 September 2020

Back on the Water

    A birthday is always a good excuse for a little treat.  So, on Wednesday this week, I had an aprés birthday outing with a kayak.  Just an hour or so of gentle paddling with The Twist at Villaricos.

   I made one of my usual early morning starts, hoping to be on the sea not long after 8.00 am.  However, there was a touch too much 'lift' in the water to get afloat where I hoped - and I looked at a couple of alternatives before finding somewhere more suitable.

It was not a morning for meandering among rocks, but these had at least provided a sheltered bit of shore for launching.  I don't like to get wet at a start of a trip!










Villaricos from the sea.  Out here in deeper water it was pleasant paddling, gently rising and falling on the swells as they passed under me, to break on the rocks and the shore.











   It wasn't a very long paddle - just enough to get back into the swing of things, now that the heat of summer has passed.  Hopefully there will be longer trips as the days get even cooler.